The Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Stockholm issues visas to individuals residing in Sweden. Due to regulatory constraints, we can only issue single entry visas valid for a one-month stay, with the exception of Business Visas (can be issued up to a maximum period of 3 years with multiple entries). Those wishing to stay longer in Afghanistan can apply to the Consular Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul for an extension of their visa.
Applications for visas can be made by post or in person. Applications will be processed in order of their receipt by the Consular Section. Applications that are incomplete or missing necessary documentation will not be processed.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL VISA TYPES:
- Original passport valid at least for six months
- Application form (duly filled & signed by the applicant)
- Color Photo of the applicant matching the following criteria
- Photo: 4×5 cm in size with white background
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect the applicant’s current appearance
- Contain face, neck, and shoulders of the applicant.
- Copy of the passport data page
- Applicant must submit his/her application in person to the Consular Section of the embassy.
TOURIST VISA (TV)
TV is issued to foreign nationals who are interested to visit Afghanistan individually or with a group for visiting natural beauties, tourist, and historic places. Tourist visa is issued with a validity of ninety (90) and a period of 30 days stay. TV can be extended only once by the Ministry of Interior Affairs with the approval of the Afghan Tourism Department.
Please be aware that employment is not permitted under a tourist visa.
|Required Documents||1- Bank statement|
2- Return air ticket
3- letter of purpose of travel/Reference letter
|Fee||from 80 euros or 900 SEK|
OFFICIAL VISA (OV):
OV is granted to foreign nationals who hold Service and Special Passports or UN Laissez-Passer. It can also be issued to those who enter the territory of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan for official assignments in the diplomatic and consular missions of foreign countries, institutions, agencies or international organizations.
|Required Documents||1- Reference Number from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Afghanistan|
2- Letter from the employer/organization of the applicant
|Application Processing Time:||7 working days|
ENTRY VISA FOR THE FOREIGN SPOUSE OF AN AFGHAN NATIONAL
A foreign national who is married to an Afghan national can apply for entry visa. It is issued with a validity of 90 days and a period of 30 days stay. It can be extended by Ministry of Interior Affairs for a period of up to one year with multiple entries.
|Required Documents||1- Marriage Certificate attested by Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India/ Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Afghanistan|
2- Passport copy of the spouse
|Fee||100 euros or 1150 SEK|
|Application Processing Time:||14 working days|
- Applicants are encouraged to apply directly to the Embassy, applications submitted to the Embassy by travel agencies will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a VISA FORM, if you are applying in with family, please book separate online appointments!
- DOWNLOAD VISA FORM
- BOOK APPOINTMENT
- Fees are not refundebale
- Due to the recent political situation in Afghanistan, we cannot guarantee entry into Afghanistan
- CONTACT VISA SECTION